Maintaining your Locks.
Those roots creep up on us at the most inopportune times. Hair grows a ½ and in a month and once it it exceeds a ½ and inch we into “band territory”. The growth beyond the ½ an inch can take on an off tone, which means that another formula has to be addressed for that area. The best way to insure healthy hair when coloring it, is to schedule a single process every 4-6 weeks. It is in doing this the ends will not be ravaged with color being brought through. Even if this is done for a few minutes, over time, it wears down the hair shaft.
Prescription for Healthy Hair:
Keep you lustrous locks beautifully conditioned with pH balanced products. Our skin, hair and nails all require to maintain a natural pH of 4.5-5.5. A shampoo and conditioner that keeps the color from being stripped and the hair healthy protects your investment. If you can use a shampoo on your face, you can use it on your hair.
1. Shampoo: Bring shampoo to a lather on leave on for a minute. Do not scrub or scratch the scalp. Rinse well.
2. Conditioner: Apply conditioner evenly, use a wide tooth comb. Leave on for one minute and rinse until you feel there is a slight film. Never fise so that you hair feels squeaky clean as you will not receive the full benefit of conditioning your hair:)
3. After Shower: Always apply a leave-in conditioner to the hair and skin as it will balance the pH.
4. Finishing Product: Use a thermal/or UV protectant when using any type of iron.
1. Clarifying Shampoo: Clarify your hair a minimum of once a week with a non-stripping shampoo. This will remove any and all traces of medication and mineral build-up in the hair. It promotes daily hair care finishing products and hair color to work effectively. A clarifying shampoo that is pH balanced makes a wonderful all over body wash and make up remover too!
2. Hair Reconstructor or Mask: After you deep cleanse your hair with a clarifying shampoo, your hair will be most receptive to a hair reconstructor treatment or mask. It insures healthy, shiny, and strong hair.
Simple=Beautiful, Never Boring!